Sunday, March 20, 2011

Coach's 24 Day Fitness Journey

Coach Wood’s 24 Day Fitness Journey

Being a former offensive lineman I have always been a BIG GUY. In high school as an All State player at Choctawatchee High School and a Letter winner at East Carolina University I prided myself on being able to eat insane amounts of food. I reached 311 pounds as a senior in High School and stayed around 300 throughout my collegiate career. This is what I had to do to perform at the position that I played and I enjoyed every second of it.

AH-HAA Moment # 1 - After college I had my first realization that I need to become healthier and can not continue to live the way I was as I began my career as a performance coach in Central Florida.. I cut out a lot of the bad foods that I had eaten regularly such as pizza, wings, Chinese food. I lost around 50 pounds and began to live a healthier lifestyle. I began to feel better, look better and was able to help my clients because I wasn’t a big fat guy telling them that they need to get in shape. Over the past 5 years I have been about 250 pounds and have still enjoyed a good amount of foods that are not particularity good for me!

AH-HAA Moment # 2 – Recently my wife Christina and I found out that we are expecting the arrival of our first kid a little boy. Like most people I am sure with this news comes a lot of different thoughts on how I could become the best parent that I could be? I started thinking to my self that I need to be the example that I want him to follow in all areas of life and that it is time for me to take the next step in my fitness journey and become as fit as I could possibly become.

THE JOURNEY – I decided that I would jump start my new healthier lifestyle with the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I am going to take “you” my clients, friends, and family along with me through this journey in weekly blog post. These post will be complete with pictures of “Ole Coach”, how my challenge is coming, the foods that I am eating, workouts that I am doing and of course the Results that I have!!

I look forward to the Next 24 Days and hope that I can help inspire you all to take control of your health and become the a fitness machine!!

Coach Hunter Wood



Coach 2010 - 250 Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment